It’s back to the real world, the daily grind. Back to cooking and planning and shopping. Back to all those things I can’t wait to get away from but then somehow can’t wait to get back to. After a long and much needed vacation, I’m ready to settle in and get back to a routine. I love a routine…until I don’t. But right now, routine it is.
I love sitting down with my cookbooks and my pinterest account. Figuring out what sounds good, what new recipe to try…what new recipe will my family be willing to try. What side dishes and salads will round out a meal, what produce is in season and how can I serve it so that everyone will not only eat it, but look forward to it.
It’s weird, I know, but there it is. I really enjoy meal planning.
So here’s this weeks meal plan. Enjoy.
- Roasted Cauliflower and Aged Cheddar Soup
- Nice crusty bread
- Green salad with lots of veggies
- Black Eyed Pea Curry ( The recipe is in this cookbook)
- Basmati Rice
- Mixed vegetables
- Spicy Bean Burrito
- Double or triple the bean mixture and freeze. It makes a great side dish with veggie tacos or enchiladas or a great quick lunch with some rice.
- Cilantro lime rice
- Dharan Ji Kadhi (Chickpea flour dumpling with curried tomato sauce)
- I like to add some shredded zucchini and carrots into the dumplings
- Basmati rice
- Mixed Vegetable (sauteded with some olive oil and salt and pepper)
- Gnocchi with tomato sauce
- I use my own tomato sauce for this one. I make a huge batch of tomato sauce and freeze it in large mason jars.
- Balsamic Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts
- Pizza night
- ready made dough or crust if you need a break or this yummy crust if you’ve got some time
- everyone chooses their own toppings, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, etc
- choice of two sauces:
- pesto( I use Costco when I don’t have homemade)
- pizza sauce
- Dinner at a friends